Now that Kelly is back at work, I took the opportunity to stay at home with Madeline last week. Me and the kiddo. The two of us and nobody else. Hanging out. And yeah, I could totally get used to it.
A big reason for that is because Madeline is all smiles in the morning. Usually, I just get a few before I drop her off at CandyGram's, plus maybe a couple more smiles once I get home from the office – but by then the crazy baby is winding down for the day. A smiling Madeline is the best kind.
We played a lot. Took naps. Read some books, too. Nothing heavy. How Do Dinosaurs Count To Ten? Sandra Boynton's But Not The Hippopotamus, which despite me reading it at least 50 times and the book being only 16 pages long has yet to get old. (Poor armadillo!) We also checked out some of the Pigeon books by Mo Willems. We're big Mo Willems fans.
So now I'm back at the office. Might be a good thing I was only off for a week. Next thing you know, I'd be spending the afternoons playing poker for coupons like in Mr. Mom. What if I bet Madeline and lost? Or won an extra baby?
Either way, bad news.
2 comments:
We have almost all the Boynton books and Willems books. haha, how funny you said "poor armadillo". :)
You have Knuffle Bunny, right? There's a Knuffle Bunny Too (yes, spelled correctly) now!
Glad you got in that quality time!
Man, can't even count how many times we read Boynton's "Pajama Time"! Good stuff. We've got 'em all. Sounds like good times that week. Hope you have many, many more.
Jeff
Post a Comment